Manager, Accounting and Finance
Jump.ca is looking for a motivated Manager to join our Accounting and Finance team in Regina. This position will oversee all accounting and financial reporting operations of the company. Reporting to the Senior Director of Accounting and Finance, the successful candidate will manage the day to day accounting operations, prepare monthly financial statements, and have responsibility for financial analysis for decision making.
At Jump.ca, our purpose is simple: to create amazing experiences for our customers, communities, and our employees. We strive to hire the best people in Saskatchewan to help our province stay connected. From wheat fields to city streets, from offices to homes, wherever you are, we’ll have you covered.
As SaskTel’s largest authorized dealer with 19 retail locations, we offer wireless, internet, TV, home/commercial security, and repair services to customers across the province. Founded locally over 20 years ago, we are recognized for our outstanding service, innovative products, and employee well-being.
- Manage daily accounting operations and the overall monthly financial reporting cycle.
- Review, approval and processing of payments, employee expense reports, and cash receipts.
- Review and approval of semi-monthly payroll runs.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with filing and payment requirements for provincial and federal taxes.
- Prepare and present accurate monthly financial statements and other reports to the Executive.
- Aid in the annual budgeting process.
- Coordinate the annual financial statement audit process.
- Provide support for decision making in terms of financial analysis.
- Safeguard assets by Identifying and implementing policies and procedures to ensure a robust internal control system.
- Mentor and supervise the accounts payable/receivable, payroll, and financial analysis functions.
- Other ad hoc analyses, projects and duties as required.
- Strong financial and accounting background with a university degree in Business/Commerce/Accounting.
- CPA designation that is in good standing.
- 3-5 years of experience in an accounting, finance, or audit position.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently to ensure key deadlines are met.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and database software with excellent data and analysis skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Jump.ca offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package as well as flexible working arrangements.
How to Apply:
Please forward cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: Finance.